Hey I’m Poonam Walid, a passionate and inspirational chic lifestyle blogger from Birmingham, UK. My aim is to translate my passion to my audience by bringing fresh, inspirational content on; beauty, style, travel and food. Just take a look around my blog to see me in action. BUT first carry on reading my bio because it took me a while to come up with it.

So 90% of the time you will find me swaggering around in heels – hence my domain name. And the other 10%…errr let’s just say they’re my running errands kinda days.

To break the ice a little, I thought it would be nice to list a few random facts so you can get to know me.

  • I’m a Chartered marketer by profession
  • Im Married to my childhood sweetheart, Abz aka Abzolutefoodie on instagram. 
  • I was Crowned Miss India UK in 2009 (cheesy I know!) but it’s worth a bullet point lol. 
  • I have a ridiculously abnormal gap in-between my toes (might do a blog on this under miscellaneous!)

I’m excited to share my beauty hacks, style picks, and travel adventures with you all. Hopefully you’re convinced enough to hang around. Because I’ve kinda told you all my best bits! Check out my Instagram @poonamwalid

Happy Reading!

Poonam x

Getting in touch

I would love to hear your feedback, opinions or experiences on anything that I’ve blogged about. You can drop me a line on contact@heeldiaries.com or leave a comment under the posts.


I’m always looking for new and inspiring things to blog about, so if you think that your brand or company is a good fit for my blog please fill in the contact form here and we can figure out the best way to collaborate.

Brands I have collaborated with 

  • Harrods Beauty
  • Garnier
  • Nars
  • Super Drug
  • The Body Shop
  • Kiehls
  • Elemis
  • Eve Lom
  • River Island Style Studio
  • Murad Beauty
  • Selfridges Birmingham
  • Harvey Nichols Birmingham
  • Swarovski
  • Thomas Sabo
  • Bonjour Paris
  • Pierre Marcolini Chocolates
  • Maybelline


All the content and images you see on heeldiaries.com has been put together by me. The views and opinions are honest experiences. If any of the images on heeldiaries.com are shared across the internet, I do ask that people link back to my site heeldiaries.com as the source.

Any products sent to me for reviews, or sponsored blogs will be clearly highlighted at the end of each post. However I want to emphasise that all opinions and views are strictly honest and my own, regardless of whether something has been given to me or not.

…right now the boring disclaimer stuff is out the way, let’s get going.